What to expect after having Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Are you wondering how will you feel after gastric sleeve surgery? Here we will explain you in detail. This can vary from patient to patient and from one bariatric surgeon to another.
What we can preview for you is that recovery is not bad at all when compared to other major procedures such as laparoscopic gallbladder surgery or c-section, the discomfort level usually is very tolerable and can be perfectly managed during the postoperative period if your surgeon has enough experience on this procedure. Gastric sleeve recovery time may vary but here we show you the usual recovery based on our patients’ experience.
- After surgery you might feel some pain in the shoulder and/or in the left upper area of your abdomen. It is also common to wake up with a “pressure” sensation in your lower chest or upper abdomen.
- Activity is dependent on how you feel. Usually, that very same day, a few hours after your surgery, you will be able to stand up on your own to walk around, actually walking is encouraged; this helps you recover even faster!
- Liquids will be given to you the morning after your surgery.
- 48 hours after your procedure you will be able to return back home, once Dr. Rosales makes sure you are in optimal conditions to leave the hospital.
- You will probably be able to return to normal daily life activities within a week’s time. If your job does not require strenuous physical activity, you will be able to return to work within seven days or even less.
- You will notice the restriction right away, so get ready to start losing weight and enjoying your new life!
We can perform your Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Monterrey, Piedras Negras or Laredo, depending on your preference and budget.
Call TodayToll Free
About Dr. Rosales
Dr. Gabriel Rosales, a leading bariatric surgeon in Mexico and head of Obesity Free, is focused on the surgical treatment of patients who have struggled with excess weight for years. For Dr. Rosales, there is no better reward than having a satisfied patient who has achieved his/her weight loss goals. His key to success is a well-developed surgical technique and quality medical care from beginning to end.