What to expect after having Lap Band Surgery?
Are you wondering how will you feel after lap band surgery? Here we will explain you in detail. This can vary from patient to patient and from one bariatric clinic practice to another.
What we can tell you in advance is that lap band recovery is much easier and practically painless when compared to many other major general surgery procedures like laparoscopic gallbladder removal or a c-section, the discomfort level usually is very tolerable and can be perfectly managed during the post op period if surgery is performed by an experienced weight loss surgeon.
Lap Band recovery time may vary but here we show you the usual recovery based on our patients’ experience.
- After surgery you might feel some pain in the shoulder and/or in the upper left area of your abdomen, which is perfectly manageable with medications.
- Activity is dependent on how you feel; that very same day, a few hours after your surgery, you will be able to stand up on your own and walk around. Actually, walking is encouraged because it will help you recover even faster!
- Liquids will be given to you a few hours after surgery, usually in the evening.
- The morning after your procedure you will be able to return back home. Dr. Rosales will make sure you are in optimal condition to leave the hospital.
- You will probably be able to return to normal activities within a week or even less. Returning to work will depend on the nature of your job.
- A few weeks after surgery you will be ready to get your first fill and to change your life forever!
We can perform your Lap Band Surgery in Monterrey, Piedras Negras or Laredo, depending on your preference and budget.
Call TodayToll Free
About Dr. Rosales
Dr. Gabriel Rosales, a leading bariatric surgeon in Mexico and head of Obesity Free, is focused on the surgical treatment of patients who have struggled with excess weight for years. For Dr. Rosales, there is no better reward than having a satisfied patient who has achieved his/her weight loss goals. His key to success is a well-developed surgical technique and quality medical care from beginning to end.