Who should consider the Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
So you have come to the decision of researching for a permanent solution to your weight problems but you ask: “ is weight loss surgery for me? Our website will help you determine this.
One of the main parameters used globally to determine if a patient is a candidate for weight loss surgery, in this case, the Gastric Sleeve, is the patient’s BMI or Body Mass Index, you can get more details on this on our Am I a Candidate section.
In summary, any patient with a BMI over 40 or 35 with obesity related diseases is a candidate for gastric sleeve surgery, despite this, a thorough evaluation of the specific situation of the patient should be performed.
So any patient who has struggled for years with obesity and has developed diseases related to obesity or has the genetic predisposition to develop them, should strongly consider a definitive and effective weight loss treatment such as the gastric sleeve.
The best time for making this life-changing decision is before the co-morbidities related to obesity appear, it has been demonstrated that patients having weight loss surgery reduce tremendously the chances of developing them.
If unfortunately you already have diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other obesity related disease it is still time for you to consider surgery, since it can actually cure your diseases making you medication free or at least reducing the amount of medication you will need.
- Anyone who is looking for considerable and sustained weight loss without all the risks and side effects of a malabsorption procedure.
- Anyone who does not wish to have the expense of performing permanent monthly or periodic testing to evaluate nutritional status.
- Anyone who has concerns about developing the not too uncommon side effects of any malabsorption procedure such as the gastric bypass: intestinal obstruction, marginal ulcers, anemia, osteoporosis, protein, vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Those who are considering a gastric band but are concerned about a foreign material inside the body AND do not want to get periodic fills until they reach their weight goal.
- Anyone who wishes to have a weight loss surgery but his/her medical condition is complex and contraindicates extensive operating room time.
- Patients who have had a bad experience with the gastric band, situations such as band slippage, erosion, port site infection, etc.
Continue reading - Steps Before Gastric Sleeve Surgery.
We can perform your Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Monterrey, Piedras Negras or Laredo, depending on your preference and budget.
Call TodayToll Free
About Dr. Rosales
Dr. Gabriel Rosales, a leading bariatric surgeon in Mexico and head of Obesity Free, is focused on the surgical treatment of patients who have struggled with excess weight for years. For Dr. Rosales, there is no better reward than having a satisfied patient who has achieved his/her weight loss goals. His key to success is a well-developed surgical technique and quality medical care from beginning to end.